Top 10 ways to stay fit
The new year is here – a time when many people become more health-conscious and vow to stick with a healthy diet and exercise plan. We asked where and how you choose to burn those extra calories. The votes have been tallied and here are the Top 10 ways our readers keep fit.
1. Adamson’s Peak Performance 3266 Bechelli Lane, Redding (530) 221-8006 www.adamsonspeakperformance.com Adamson's offers personal training, small group training, 30-minute FIT (Functional Intensive Training) nutritional services and several membership options.
2. Everyday Fitness 2345 Athens Ave. Redding (530) 246-1902 www.edfitness.com Enjoy a variety of membership possibilities, nutrition seminars and services, personal training, massage therapy, esthetician and skin care, chiropractic services, childcare and more.
3. Sun Oaks 3452 Argyle Rd., Redding (530) 221-4403 www.sunoaks.com Complete health and fitness for the whole family includes indoor and outdoor tennis courts, three pools, free weights, cardiovascular equipment fitness classes and childcare.
4. Redding Jazzercise Center 2485 Athens Ave. Redding (530) 515-0036 www.jazzercise.com These 60-minute group fitness classes combine cardio, strength and stretch moves for a total body workout.
5. Hiking, walking, running and biking Lucky for us, we live in an area that has an abundance of walking, hiking and biking trails and the beauty surrounding us while we’re working on our fitness is breathtaking.
6. GOA Wellness 1740 Eureka Way, Redding (530) 243-6600 www.goahealthandfitnesscompany.com GOA offers fitness, mind & body conditioning, rejuvenation, nutrition and recreation, along with yoga, Pilates, aerobics, cardio equipment, strength training, salt pool and much more.
7. Fitness Express (Anderson Athletic Club) 1671 Hartnell Ave., Redding (530) 223-3170 2626 Ganyon Drive, Anderson (530) 365-0181 Some of their offerings are fitness coaches, Zumba classes, heated pool, Yoga, Pilates, Kids Club, cardio strength classes, women’s-only weight room and suntan beds.
8. In Motion Fitness 1293 E. First Ave, Chico (530) 343-5679 www.inmotionfitness.net This five-acre fitness village offers group exercise classes, fitness equipment, boxing studio, Yoga, steam rooms, swimming pools, full court gymnasium and much more.
9. Dancing Crank up the music, get your kids or partner and move your body! Or purchase a dancing exercise DVD. Take a ballroom dance class or put on your dancing shoes and head out to the Martini Bar at Win-River and dance like no one is watching!
10. FitOne Athletic Club 1988 Park Marina Dr., Redding (530) 241-7711 www.reddingfitone.com Some of their many offerings are group classes including Boot Camp, Zumba, The Biggest Loser, Aquacise, Tai Chi, Pilates, Yoga, plus racquetball courts, covered, heated lap pool and fitness equipment.