Love... The Places You'll Go
● By anonymous
Top Ten Romantically Adventurous Getaways
From the extremely romantic to the completely unique, here are some favorite North State romantic getaways. Relax in luxurious comfort, gaze at falling stars and be awed by spectacular sunsets. There’s a suggestion for just about everyone on this list. And a big thank you to all who voted once again… thank you for all your fantastic ideas!
1. Apples’ River House Bed & Breakfast - Redding Queen pillow top beds, full baths, private balconies, lush grounds, ponds and waterfalls. Take your sweetheart for a stroll on the River Trail – which is right outside the gate. (530) 243.8440
2. Forestry Service Lookouts Although the season to rent the Forestry Service Lookouts is from July through October, now is the time to purchase a permit for an awesome overnight stay in the North State. Incredible views, lots of privacy and a unique getaway for you and the one you love. (877) 444-6777
3. Hotel Diamond – Chico This beautiful historic building has been completely renovated and is located in downtown Chico near the Chico State University campus. From comfortable, standard rooms to elegant, luxury suites. (530) 893-3100
4. Houseboat on Lake Shasta There are 10 marinas on Shasta Lake that collectively offer more than 400 rental houseboats. Off-season house boating means lower rates and the cooler weather makes this getaway a little more cozy.
5. McCloud Hotel - McCloud This is a wonderful place to relax after spending the day with your loved one skiing at the Mt. Shasta Board & Ski Park. A beautifully restored Bed and Breakfast, it has received a AAA Four Diamond rating. (530) 964-2822
6. Mt. Lassen Volcanic National Park Spend the day exploring Lassen Volcanic National Park and witness peaceful forests and untouched wilderness. How about going on a ranger led snowshoe walk or doing some cross-country skiing? (530) 595-4444
7. Mt. Shasta Resort – Mt. Shasta Private and roomy chalets are nestled in the forest near Lake Siskiyou. Curl up with your sweetheart by the fireplace or, weather permitting, relax on the private deck and watch the stars together. (800) 958-3363
8. The Inn At Shasta Lake Private Luxury Suites and gorgeous rooms along with beautifully kept grounds, homemade chocolates and gourmet breakfast, this B&B also offers tree house suites nestled among the pine trees.
9. Patrick’s Point - Trinidad Strolling together hand in hand along the beach, climbing to the top of Wedding Rock, collecting agates and visiting the Yurok Indian Village. Romance is definitely in the air. (707) 677-3570
10. Railroad Park Resort – Dunsmuir Sleep on a caboose and eat on a restored antique railroad car. If your valentine is a railroad buff, or if your looking to do something different, how about checking out the Railroad Park Resort. (530) 235-4440